BENEFITS OF RECITING SALAWAT UPON SAYYIDINNA RASULULLAH
(Sallallahu 'alahi Wasallam)
Undoubtedly Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Prophet. O' you who believe! Send upon Him Blessings and salute Him with all respect.
(1) The one who recites Salawat (Durood) once Allah sends ten blessings upon him, eradicates ten of his sins and inproves ten of his grades.
(2) On the Day of Judgement the nearest person to me, from amongst the people, would be the one who would have recited Salawat the most in this (mortal) world.
(3) (Truly) a miserly person is he who (when) heard my name being mentioned did not recite Salawat in my favour.
(4) You decorate your meetings by reciting salawat on me because your salawat would (turn out to) be the Divine Light for yourself on the "Day of Judgement."
(5) Recite salawat on Friday in abundance because it is the "Day of presence of angels (for witness)." On this day Angels present themselves (in my court). And undoubtedly when any one from amongst you recites salawat in my favour then before he has finished his recitation of salawat in my favour, his salawat reaches my court.
(6) In the magnificent night of Friday (i.e. the night between Thursday and Friday) and the luminous day of Friday recite salawat in my favour abundantly, because your recited salawat is presented to me (by the Angels).
(7) Recite salawat on the day of "Friday" and the "Friday Night" (The night between Thursday and Friday) excessively because who-so-ever does that, I shall stand witness to him and would be his advocate on the "Day of Judgement."
May Allah Ta'ala give us the ability to recite salawat in abundance upon Sayyidinna Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam), so that we can attain his pleasure and achieve success in both, deen and dunya.
May Allah Ta'ala also bestow upon us his mercy, so that we can prove to be true followers of his most beloved Prophet (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam) by acting upon Qur'an and implementing the Sunnah in our communities.
< Back >